If you’re a seller or planning to be a seller yet this year, this is the best this market is going to get so you better get going! Here’s a summary of things to keep in mind.
- You have to be the best price and best condition.
- Talk to your agent. If you’ve got questions or concerns, ask them!
- If you’re not getting any showings, check your marketing, check your competition, check your photos, then drop your price.
- Agents can’t make your home sell if you’re overpriced… price is still the #1 determination on saleability.
- Market times are averaging 80-90 days right now… if you’re at that you need to sit down and go over things like you did before you listed.
- If you want to talk to other Realtors that’s fine, but you cannot sign a new listing agreement until your current one is cancelled or expired. Post-dating the contract doesn’t make a difference… it cannot be signed at all until you are clear of your current contract. This is a state rule.
- Agents cannot openly solicit you for a listing if you are currently under contract, but can respond to any inquiries you make.